The federal Fair Housing Act prohibits the denial of housing to a person based on the person’s membership in one or more of the classes protected under the Act. The protected classes are race, color, religion, national origin, sex, familial status, and disability. In addition, Alaska law prohibits discrimination in certain instances based on marital status, changes in marital status, and age.
- Click here for an overview of fair housing laws.
- Click here for an overview of fair lending laws.
- Click here to read and download our brochures.
- Click here to view fair housing training videos or download resources from HUD and other sources regarding fair housing law.
- Click here to file a housing discrimination complaint directly with HUD.